Rishi Kapoor is also fondly known as Chintoo. He was born on 4 September 1952 and was the grandson of legendary actor Prithviraj Kapoor and son of legendary actor Raj Kapoor.
|Real Name||Rishi Raj Kapoor|
|Father Name||Raj Kapoor|
|Mother Name||Krishna Kapoor|
|Brother Name||Randhir Kapoor & Rajiv Kapoor|
|Sister Name||Ritu Nanda & Rima Jain|
|Date Of Birth||4 September 1952|
|Birth Place||Chembur , Mumbai (india)|
|Date Of Death||30 April 2020|
|Age At The time Of Death||67 Years|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Educational Qualification||8th Fail|
|Net Worth||Rs.375 crore (at the time of death)|
|Debut Film Name||Mera Naam Joker ( As A Child Actor) , Bobby ( As A lead Actor)|
|Last Film||The Body|
Rishi Kapoor’s Film Career
Rishi Kapoor made his Bollywood debut with the Film Bobby as a lead hero. He started his film career with Mera Naam Joker in which he played the role of a child. he was given the National Award for Best Child Artist after the film Mera Naam Joker. Mimicking Rishi Kapoor is very difficult. Many new actresses worked with Rishi Kapoor such as Dimple Kapadia and Divya Bharti. In 1999, Rishi Kapoor started his career as a director with the film Aa Ab Laut Chale . Akshay Khanna and Aishwarya Rai were in the lead roles in this film, after this film, Rishi Kapoor never directed any movie. After 1999, he appeared as a character actor in some films like Hum Tum, Kuch Khati Kuch Mithi and then he cameback to film industry with Neetu Singh with the film Do Dooni Chaar. This film was well liked. Rishi Kapoor is an actor who worked under the direction of Raj Kapoor, worked under the direction of Randhir Kapoor and also worked in the direction of Rajiv Kapoor, the youngest brother.
Rishi Kapoor’s Personal Life
Rishi Kapoor’s affair was with Dimple Kapadia, however their relationship broke down after Rajesh Khanna’s interference. After this he married actress Neetu Singh and he married Neetu Singh on 22 January 1980. Rishi Kapoor has two children including his son Rabir Kapoor ,he is the superstar of the Bollywood industry and his daughter Ridhima Kapoor ,she is a designer. In January 2017, Rishi Kapoor published his autobiography titled Khullam Khulla and in this biography, he told a lot about his life in which he also told that he gave ₹ 30000 for the film Bobby, after which he got the best Actor Award.
Some Interesting Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- He was not interested in studies, due to which he failed in class VIII.
- In the film Mera Naam Joker, Rishi Kapoor played the role of Younger Raj Kapoor.
- He used to drink a lot of alcohol, due to which he always had a quarrel with his wife.
- Rishi Kapoor’s film Karz was a super flop film after which he went into depression for a long time.
- Once a rumor spread in the media that Neetu Singh had filed a domestic violence case against Rishi Kapoor but she took back the case for the future of his child.
- About 20 Bollywood actresses made their film debut with Rishi Kapoor.
- He did not like social media but after Anushka Sharma and Abhishek Bachchan convinced him to join twitter. He expressed his opinion on Twitter, due to which there was a lot of controversy about his tweets.
- In 2016, he did a film called Kapoor and Sons, in which he played an 80-year-old man whose makeup took 12 to 13 hours to do.
- He had a disease called leukemia Which he came to know in 2018. He went to New York for its treatment and he got the disease treated for 1 year and returned to India on 26 September 2019.
- He died on 30 April 2020 due to cancer and after this news, a wave of mourning raged across India, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and Bollywood celebrities expressed condolences over the loss of this talented actor..